7 signs it’s time to have the money talk with your kids
We teamed up with Mumsnet to address the very hot topic of money and their beloved children.
Our lovely Mumsnetters shared the moments they knew they had to have ‘the money talk’ with their kids.
1. They max out your card making online purchases
My son logged onto my iTunes account and downloaded a number of games. He didn’t realise that I would then get an email saying how much had been spent.
2. Their month’s allowance disappears in one day
If she’s got five pounds, she’ll spend ten.
3. They dump items into the shopping basket like it’s a game of supermarket sweep
I went to the supermarket with my daughter (we usually order online), and she was really shocked by how much food costs – she had no real concept.
4. They have some (ahem) issues concerning financial confidentiality
I tried to hide my pin when paying – but she shouted it out aloud in the shop.
5. They go out with huge wedges of dosh in their mitts
My daughter takes £70 in cash with her when she goes shopping.
6. They’re a little too familiar with parents’ finances
My daughter knows my credit card details better than I do!
7. They CAN’T NOT HAVE stuff other people have
Everything my daughter’s friend has, she immediately needs.
Watch the video here…
Is it time to have the “money talk” with your children? Osper can help!
To order your free Osper Card today head to https://osper.com/